Servings: 8 side portions
This is Ren's tried and tested version of a classic potato salad.
- 1 kg waxy potatoes peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 200 ml Health Nut Mayo, Zesty Lemon flavour You can use any flavour you like, but this is my favourite
- 50 ml milk
- 1 bunch spring onions sliced (or you can use finely chopped red onion)
- 50 ml pickled cucumbers finely diced
- half punnet freshly chopped parsley finely chopped (or you can use 2T dried parsley)
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp The Bomb! chilli optional
Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water until they slide of a sharp knife when you poke them - do not overcook!
Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. If the dressing is too stiff to pour, add some more milk.
Drain the potatoes and transfer to a serving dish before pouring over the dressing. Stir with a wooden spoon every 10-15 minutes while it cools, making sure the dressing coats each potato.
Best served at room temperature, scattered with extra parsley. If you're feeling particularly retro, chop some boiled egg on top.