Tuna Ceviche Tostados
One of our customers sent us this recipe and it’s completely addictive! Liz makes this nearly every time we get tuna! The recipe is from a website called The Gourmet Gourmand and you can see the original recipe at https://thegourmetgourmand.com/tuna-ceviche-tostadas/Print Recipe
- 1 yellowfin tuna steak
- ½ avocado small dice
- 3 Tbsp red onion sliced paper thin
- 1 tsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds optional
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 10 Santa Anna's organic corn tortillas alternatively you can use Santa Anna's organic corn chips for an easier meal)
- sea salt to tast
- To fry the tortillas: In a 10 inch cast iron pan, heat 1 cup vegetable oil over medium heat. Fry the tortillas, 3 at a time, until they are golden brown and crispy. Flip intermittently to ensure they fry evenly. They will be done when they feel hard/crispy in the oil. Remove to paper towel to drain and season with sea salt.
- To prepare the ceviche: In a medium bowl combine tuna, avocado, onion, ginger, sesame seeds, lemon juice, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Toss gently with a large spoon, using care not to smash the avocado. Taste and season with additional salt if needed.
- Place about 1 heaping tablespoon of ceviche on individual fried tostadas. Serve immediately.