Thai Red Mussel Curry
Mussels work well in just about any curry sauce. This one is no exception.Print Recipe
- 2-4 Tbsp red curry paste Mae Ploy is best!
- coconut oil
- large pinch of sugar
- 1 tin coconut milk 400 ml
- 4 lime leaves torn
- 2 kg fresh mussels debearded and rinsed
- 1 bird's eye chilli finely sliced
- cooked jasmine rice
- Fry the paste in a pan with a little oil until it sizzles. Add the sugar, then the coconut milk, stirring until the paste dissolves. Add the lime leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add to cleaned mussels to the pan, cover and cook for 3 minutes, shaking the pan until all the mussels open. Sprinkle with chilli and serve with jasmine rice.