Taryn's Creamy Mussel Pot
One of our lovely customers sent us this seriously delicious looking recipe. Proper comfort food!Print Recipe
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the baby leeks and garlic, cook for 4 minutes until soft.
- Add the bay leaves, pepper and wine to the pot and bring the wine to a boil.
- Add the mussels and cover the pot. After about 3 minutes, take the lid off and gently stir the mussels. Try to push any unopened shells to the bottom of the pot so they are closer to the heat. After 5 minutes remove the mussels from the heat.
- Remove the pot from the heat and remove the mussels from their shells.
- Add the cream and the lemon juice into the sauce and gently mix. Add the cooked pasta and de-shelled mussels and stir gently. Sprinkle the parsley over the top and serve right away.