Spicy Seared Tuna Salad
This recipe was developed by the lovely Michelle Parkin for @pesto_princess. Easy, quick and delicious.Print Recipe
For the salad
- 100 g wild rocket
- 1 large courgette sliced thinly
- 2 avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 tuna steaks 250g each
For the dressing
For the tuna marinade
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce substitute with liquid aminos if you're gluten free
- 2 Tbsp Pesto Princess Coriander & Chilli pesto
- For the marinade: mix together the soy sauce and Pesto Princess Coriander & Chilli Pesto. Pour over the tuna steaks and leave to marinade at room temperature for about 30 minutes
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, red onion, rice vinegar, Pesto Princess Coriander & Chilli Pesto and seasoning in a bowl and whisk until it thickens.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan over high heat. Sear the tuna for about 2 minutes per side then transfer to a cutting board and slice into thin slices.
- In a medium bowl, toss the wild rocket and zucchini with 3-4 tablespoons of dressing. Place a large handful of salad onto a plate and top with sliced tuna and avocado. Drizzle with a little more dressing and serve with a crisp white wine.