Seared tuna with avo salsa
This is a lovely quick and easy recipe to prepare and perfect for a light supper.Print Recipe
- 2 tuna steaks
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 large avocado diced
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- ½ tsp The Bomb! chilli
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 pinch salt or to taste
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes to garnish (optional)
- Mix together olive oil, melted coconut oil, soy sauce, ginger, and the juice from the one lime. Place the tuna into a shallow dish and pour marinade over. Make sure both sides are coated and marinade for 15-20 mins.
- Heat up your griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Mix together the diced avo, garlic, chilli, juice of the other lime and coriander in another bowl.
- Once the griddle pan is smoking hot, cook the tuna for a minute or two on each side. Remove from the pan, coat in some more olive oil and a squeeze of lime juice and allow to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Serve the fish topped with avocado salsa. Season with additional salt to taste and garnish with red pepper flakes (optional).