Quick Fish Stew with Chermoula
This is one of Pesto Princess's tried and tested fish recipes. We love the look of this stew and it's a lovely winter warmer.Print Recipe
- 3 Tbsp Pesto Princess Chermoula Paste
- ⅓ cup warm water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 800 g firm white fish skinless
- 200 g pearl/giant couscous optional
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 200 g sweet potatoes peeled and diced into small bits (about 1cmx1cm)
- 2 carrots peeled and diced into small bits (about 1cmx1cm)
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes or 4 fresh tomatoes, blanched, peeled and diced
- fresh coriander to serve
- In a bowl, use a fork to mix the Pesto Princess Chermoula Paste, water and oil. Cut the fish into bite-sized chunks and place these into your Chermoula marinade. Mix to cover all of the fish evenly and set aside.
- If you are serving this dish with cous cous – either regular or giant/pearl cous cous (which we highly recommend!) make that now, according to packet instructions.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a large, heavy-based pot or pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, sweet potatoes and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Empty the can of tomatoes into the pan along with the stock and stir well. Add the fish and any remaining Chermoula marinade and cook for a further ± 8 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve the stew hot along with cous cous and fresh coriander.