Miso tuna tacos with green slaw
This recipe was created for us in 2020 by the very talented Emma Nkunzana (@emma.nkunzana on instagram).If you don’t have the energy to make pesto from scratch (or you're just short on time), try some @pesto_princess coriander & chilli pesto instead.Print Recipe
- 2 yellowfin tuna steaks
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 15 g fresh coriander
- 100 g baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cm nub of garlic
- ¼ cup green cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup purple cabbage shredded
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 8 Santa Anna's taco shells
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the sesame oil and miso paste, then rub it over the tuna and allow to marinade.
- If you’re making the pesto from scratch, blend all the ingredients together in a blender (add a little bit of water if it’s too stiff).
- Dress the cabbage and spring onions with the green pesto and toasted sesame seeds.
- Heat a pan to high and sear the tuna to your liking (I use a very hot griddle pan and cook for no more than 90 seconds on a side) and set aside to rest.
- Warm the tacos in the oven until crisp (they should be super crunchy - if not, pop them back in for a few more minutes).
- Serve the sliced tuna with Santa Anna’s corn tacos and the slaw.