Mediterranean Baked Fish with Lemon and Garlic
This dish is very flavourful and works equally well with kingklip, hake or yellowtail.Print Recipe
- 500 g firm white fish skinless, cut into portions
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- small handful fresh parsley leaves
Lemon juice mixture
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp melted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (I used a gluten free flour substitute)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- Greek salad You know the score!
- dollop Pesto Princess Greek pesto
- Preheat your oven to 210C.
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, and melted butter in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, mix together the flour, spices, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pat the fish dry, then dip first into the lemon juice mixture and then into the flour mixture. Shake off any excess flour. Discard the leftover flour mixture, but keep the lemon juice mixture for later.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in an oven-proof pan over medium-high heat. Fry the fish on each side for a couple of minutes on each side and remove from the heat.
- Add the crushed garlic to the lemon juice mixture and drizzle over the fish.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until it begins to flake easily with a fork . Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the chopped parsley. Serve immediately. I served it with a chopped (sort of Greek) salad and a dollop of Pesto Princess's DIVINE Greek pesto.