Servings: 4 as a main course or 8 as a starter
My good friend Laura cooked mussels for the first time and decided just to wing it! This is her own recipe and it sounds delicious! Just goes to show that you can always improvise with mussels... if you're using @themusselmonger's super fresh mussels that is! The mussels we get from them on Fridays are literally picked on the same morning - so you couldn't get them fresher anywhere else.Print Recipe
To make the sauce
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small thumb ginger peeled and chopped
- handful spring onions sliced
- coconut oil
- 1 tin coconut cream
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 t honey
- salt to taste
- freshly chopped coriander
- In a large pot, bring the white wine to a boil, add the mussels and steam until they are opened (roughly 10 mins)
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat up the oil and fry the garlic, ginger and spring onions until soft. Add a tin of coconut cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, lime juice, white wine, chilli flakes, ground cumin, garam masala, 1t honey and salt.
- Once the mussels are cooked, add some white wine that you steamed them in to the sauce.
- Transfer the mussels to serving bowls, top with the sauce and scatter with fresh coriander.