Kingklip with buttered leeks and pancetta
Servings: 2 generous servings
This delicious dish was quick and easy to prepare. You can't go wrong with these beautiful ingredients.Print Recipe
- Heat your grill.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed pan and cook the pancetta until crisp (pancetta cooks much faster than regular bacon, so this only takes a few minutes). Set aside on kitchen paper and leave the residual fat in the pan.
- Fry the leeks for a couple of minutes before adding the garlic. Continue to cook gently and stir frequently so that they do not brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Season the kingklip on both sides. Add the olive oil to the pan and fry the kingklip for a few minutes on a side until slightly golden.
- Add the butter to the pan and once melted, baste the fish. Add the leeks back into the pan with the lemon juice. Transfer to the oven for a few minutes to get some colour on the kingklip.
- Serve with chopped crispy pancetta, some chopped parsley and wilted greens.