A classic recipe used to prepare sole, readily available kingklip proves to be just as delicious. The addition of piquant capers and fresh parsley cut through the richness of the butter sauce.Print Recipe
- 500 g kingklip fillets fresh or defrosted
- 120 ml melted butter
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 12-15 capers
- 2-3 sprigs fresh parsley finely chopped
- course ground sea salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan until foaming. Season the kingklip with salt and pepper and add to the butter along with the capers.
- Cook the fish for 3-4minutes on one side then carefully flip and add in the sliced garlic and lemon juice.
- Cook the fish for a further 2-3 minutes before scattering over the chopped parsley.
- Transfer the kingklip to a warmed serving dish and serve immediately with extra lemon wedges, steamed green beans and new potatoes.