How to Cook a Tuna Steak
Servings: 1 tuna steak
We're often asked by customers how to cook tuna. My go-to recipe is a very simple one and remains my favourite way to do it. When we first started this business and I also didn't know how to treat tuna, I Googled "how to cook a tuna steak" and came across a Jamie Oliver's YouTube video - you can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8liwbhzihU4For the short version, have a look below.Print Recipe
- Grind the fennel seeds, coriander seeds, pepper and coarse salt in a pestle & mortar (not too fine).
- Season the steak with the ground spices, then rub all over with a bit of olive oil.
In a cast iron griddle pan
- Heat your pan to smoking hot. Cook the tuna for about 90 seconds per side. Do NOT put any oil in the pan.
In a non-stick pan
- Heat your pan to medium high. Cook the tuna for about 90 seconds per side. You can add a bit of oil to the pan when you flip the steak.
- When the steak is cooked, remove from the pan and drizzle with bit of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice on both sides. Rest for a minute before slicing.