Homemade fish fingers with pesto
This is a classic, reinvented by one of our favourite suppliers, Pesto Princess. We love that the recipe calls for so few ingredients, really showing off the natural flavours.www.pesto.co.za.Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Line or grease two baking trays.
- Cut the fish into batons of 2–3 cm wide.
- Spoon half of the Pesto Princess Basil & Chilli Pesto into a mixing bowl. Place the breadcrumbs or seeds in a second mixing bowl.
- Cut the sweet potato in 1–2 cm batons. Season with the cajun rub and drizzle with olive oil, mixing with your hands to make sure each sweet potato baton is well coated. Spread them out in a single layer on one of the baking trays, making sure to leave about ½ cm space between pieces, so that they crisp up beautifully. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the fish fingers in the Pesto Princess Basil & Chilli Pesto and then carefully roll them one by one in the crumbs. A light touch is required as they are rather fragile. Space out evenly on one of the baking trays.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 180°C. Remove the sweet potatoes and, using two forks, turn the pieces carefully before returning to the oven along with the tray of fish fingers. Cook for 15–20 minutes until the fish is cooked and flakes easily and the sweet potatoes are golden and crispy. Serve and enjoy!