Harissa Baked Hake
This is another of @emma.nkunzana's lovely recipes, this time featuring hake.Print Recipe
- olive oil
- 1 red onion quartered
- 2 red or yellow peppers julienned
- 2 Tbsp Pesto Princess Harissa paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp The Bomb! chilli optional
- 3 anchovies chopped
- ¼ cup white or rosé wine
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 pack MCF hake skin off, cut into portions
- Italian parsley for serving
- Heat oven to 180C.
- In a medium hot oven-proof pan, fry the onions with oil for about 4 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Pesto Princess Harissa paste, spices, anchovies, wine and chilli (if using). Stir to combine, let simmer for a minute then add canned tomatoes and creme fraiche.
- Neatly nestle the hake portions into the sauce.Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with rice or bread.