Hake with lemon, capers and butter
This recipe grabbed me immediately - you cannot go wrong with fish, butter, lemon and capers! It's always a winning combination. This recipe is inspired by one found on Instagram by Ilse van der Merwe of The Food Fox @the_foodfox.Print Recipe
- 800 g fresh or frozen hake if using frozen, make sure to fully defrost and pat dry before use
- ½ cup gluten free fix batter mix you can use any seasoned flour of your choice
- glug olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
For the sauce
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 finely sliced lemon
- handful chopped parsley
- Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick pan. In the meantime, cut the fish into portions and dust each piece in the seasoned flour.
- Fry the fish on both sides until just cooked and golden (about 2-3 minutes a side). Then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, while it's still warm, add the lemon slices and fry for a minute or two on each side before adding the capers and butter. Once the butter is melted and bubbling, remove the sauce from the eat, add the chopped parsley and spoon it over the cooked fish. Serve immediately.