Classic Prawn Cocktail
I whipped up this classic prawn cocktail on Christmas Day last year and it was a huge hit. Bit of a mission to prepare the prawns, but otherwise super easy and delicious.Print Recipe
- 400 g Mozambican prawns Deveined and cooked, peel removed, but leave the little tip on for presentation
- 2 small gem lettuces trimmed
- 1 avocado diced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Pesto Princess sundried tomato pesto
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp creamed horseradish
- Tobasco sauce to taste
- squeeze lemon juice
- paprika for dusting
- snipped chives for garnish
- Break the lettuce into individual leaves and arrange evenly between 4 glass bowls (I used cocktail glasses). Top with the avocado and prawns and season with some salt and pepper.
- To make the sauce, mix together the mayonnaise, sundried tomato pesto, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and Tabasco. Season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper, then spoon over the prawns.
- Dust with a little paprika and sprinkle with chives.