Smoked Trout, Rocket & Broccoli Pasta
Servings: 4Print Recipe
- 1 head broccoli finely chopped
- 1 jar Pesto Princess rocket & walnut pesto
- 1 shallot or small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 340 g tagliatelle or your favourite pasta
- hard cheese
- 2 packs smoked trout ribbons 80g each, 160g total
- sald and black pepper
- Blitz the broccoli, Pesto Princess Rocket Pesto and a few glugs of olive oil in a food processor until it has the texture of a thick, chunky pesto. Season to taste.
- In a pan large enough to hold all the cooked pasta, sauté the onion in olive oil until soft. Add the lemon zest.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until cooked but still a little firm. Drain and reserve about 4 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Place the hot pasta in the pan with the onion and lemon zest, and immediately top with the broccoli ‘pesto’ and lemon juice. Give it a good mix and add some of the reserved cooking water and olive oil to loosen the sauce if you think it needs it.
- Top with the trout ribbons, Parmesan and black pepper.