Grilled Swordfish with Charred Cherry Tomatoes
The prime steak of the seafood world, swordfish offers a meaty meal. Seared to a perfect medium rare, these swordfish steaks are topped with a sauce of charred tomatoes, rosemary and anchovy that is redolent of Mediterranean cuisine.Print Recipe
- Heat a pan to searing hot. Toss in the cherry tomatoes and leave them to blacken and blister. When soft and charred, remove the tomatoes from the pan and turn off the heat.
- Pour in a glug of olive oil and strip the rosemary leaves from the stalk, adding them to the warm oil. Add in the sliced garlic, anchovies and lemon zest and leave to cook in the warm oil until soft.
- Pour this mixture into the same dish as the tomatoes and gently stir to combine. Scatter over the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat a clean non-stick pan until smoking hot. Rub the swordfish steaks with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear the steaks on one side for 3-4minutes before turning them over and searing for a further 1-2 minutes. The fish should still be rare in the middle.
- Serve the steaks immediately, topped with the charred tomato sauce and on a bed of white bean mash if desired.