Thai Red Curry Noodles with Hake
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack Mother City Fish hake about 750g, fresh or defrosted, cut into bite-size pieces
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic mince
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 6 cups NOMU chicken stock diluted as per instructions
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ pack rice noodles
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 spring onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, red pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in red curry paste and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Stir in fish pieces. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice noodles, fish sauce and brown sugar until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in spring onions, coriander, basil and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.