I found this lovely recipe by local food hero, @jennymorrischef on the @food24_sa website. It was a winner (and I'm a very inexperienced snoek cook)!Print Recipe
- 1 whole snoek about 2kg
- 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the apricot and rosemary butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary sprigs chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 50 g Turkish apricots finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g butter softened
For the garnish
- micro greens, fresh chopped chives and lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease an oven tray large enough to hold the fish.
- Place the fish, skin-side down, onto the oven tray. Squeeze the lemon juice onto the flesh, and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place all the ingredients for the apricot butter (except for the butter itself) into your food processor and chop finely. Then add the butter and blend together well.
- Now spread half of the apricot butter onto the fish. Place the fish in the oven and bake for 25 mins or until opaque and cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the oven, spread with the remaining apricot butter, and serve garnished with fresh micro herbs, chopped chives and lemon wedges.