Andrea's Kingklip Coconut Curry
You may already know that Andrea @andreaskitchen on Instagram is a fantastic baker, but her family also needs to eat food other than cakes! She recently sent us this lovely looking recipe for a lime and coconut fish curry.Print Recipe
- 500 g kingklip fillet
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 fat clove garlic crushed or grated
- 1 thumb fresh ginger grated
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1 handful green beans thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp fish masala
- coconut oil
- coconut cream
- fresh lime/lemon
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Cut kingklip fillets into bite-sized cubes.
- Fry onion in coconut oil until glassy, add garlic and ginger. Fry briefly. Add spices (and fresh chilli if you like) toast and coat onions.
- Add chopped tomatoes, stir.
- Add coconut cream, salt, squeeze of lime and fresh beans. Simmer for 10mins.
- Add fish, cook for 5 to 10 mins or until fish is just cooked. Test seasoning, add more lime should you require.